We are against hate which targets continually marginalized people, no matter if they are Asian, Asian-American, Pacific Islanders, Black, Indigenous, people of color, and LGBTQ+ identifying. We support movements for reform, protest, and equality. A collection of resources and organizations working toward these efforts, and those which offer support, can be found here.
We will continue to amplify marginalized voices, and welcome all, their ideas, their events, and their words. Our words here are not enough, but we wanted to say we support you and will continue to do so through our actions.
An additional list of support and relief funds can be found here.
For details regarding specific events please contact the organizers or venues. If you are an organizer or venue and would like to reach out to us please feel free to contact us or submit an event using our submission form. We’d love to hear from you!
- This event has passed.
Community Storytelling Training Intensive
November 8 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$695
Personal storytelling is one of the most intimate forms of communication. Telling our story in community has the potential to bridge divides, cultivate trust, and inspire action by inviting those gathered to better understand what others have lived, suffered, and overcome. In this three-and-a-half day immersive workshop, The Hearth will teach you how to utilize the transformational power of stories within your organization or community. This stand-alone intensive draws from the content of our six-month Certificate in Community Storytelling program. In a short-form collaborative learning environment, you will:
- Understand how stories function in our personal and public lives.
- Explore narrative practices that promote individual growth, social awareness, and community action.
- Learn how to craft personal stories for speaking, teaching, and facilitation.
- Discover methods for amplifying the voice of marginalized populations.
- Learn how to apply storytelling techniques within personal, professional, and community settings.
- Increase skills for coaching groups and individuals in personal storytelling.
This three-and-a-half-day intensive will be limited to no more than 25 participants – register today to reserve your space!
Sign up for our newsletter to be the first to know about upcoming Hearth events!
[Note that this event runs through November 11th]