We will continue to amplify marginalized voices, and welcome all, their ideas, their events, and their words. Our words here are not enough, but we wanted to say we support you and will continue to do so through our actions. Resources for support and relief funds can be found here and here.
For details regarding specific events please contact the organizers or venues. If you are an organizer or venue and would like to reach out to us please feel free to contact us or submit an event using our submission form. We’d love to hear from you!
- This event has passed.
Lux Radio Theater’s “The Day the Earth Stood Still”
September 18, 2021 @ 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm$25 – $45
Fake Radio opens its 2021 season of shows with a recreation of Lux Radio Theatre’s 1954 Broadcast of: ”The Day the Earth Stood Still”
Our special guest star is Phil Proctor, cast member from the world-famous “Firesign Theater” comedy troupe!!
If you don’t think Science Fiction can be hysterically funny, then welcome to the world of Fake Radio’s comedic recreations of old-time radio classics!
An alien named Klaatu lands his spacecraft on Earth just after the end of World War II. He brings an important message to the planet that he wishes to tell the representatives of all nations. However, communication turns out to be difficult due to Cold War fears and Klaatu is forced to try an alternative approach. The result shocks the entire planet but eventually leads to Klaatu announcing his message to the planet.
Featuring top talent from Portland and Los Angeles, Fake Radio re-enacts historic radio shows the old-fashioned way: dressed in period clothing and standing with scripts in hand in front of old microphones. Sound and music effects will make you feel like you’re watching a live radio show taping from the 1940s. We’ll even re-create the old commercials! Just be ready for the cast to occasionally go off-script!
Doors at 7pm, Curtain at 8pm
Fake Radio’s COVID-19 protocols for our live, in-person shows:
Our new policies are in place to help ensure not only the health and safety of ALL patrons but also for all those they live with who may not be vaccinated. Thank you for your support, kindness, and understanding!
- Entrance to our live shows is only available to those patrons who have been fully vaccinated
- All patrons must provide proof of vaccination status at the door
- Patrons who do not provide proof of full vaccination will not be permitted into the show and will forfeit their ticket purchase
- Masks will be required for all patrons – regardless of vaccination status – while inside, unless eating or drinking in designated
Our venue – The Alberta Abbey – has made upgrades to the safety of their building, including:
- Upgraded to 13 MERV filtration for HVAC
- 50% fresh air intake for HVAC
- Installed hand sanitizing stations throughout the venue
- Disposable masks on hand for anyone who has lost or forgotten their mask
- Regular and thorough cleaning and sanitizing of common areas
- Flexible capacity within our roughly 29,000 square foot building to maintain adequate spacial distancing