For details regarding specific events please contact the organizers or venues. If you are an organizer or venue and would like to reach out to us please feel free to contact us or submit an event using our submission form. We’d love to hear from you!
- This event has passed.
Transmit Culture: Graduate Research Symposium
May 1 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree
Graduate students in PSU’s book publishing program are conducting innovative research that is sure to help inform the future of the publishing industry, and they would like to share it with you. This quarter’s installment of the Transmit Culture lecture series will be a research symposium where graduating students will present their final research projects to the public. Topics include:
– Visual representation of racial diversity in young adult book covers
– Why adults read and purchase YA books
– Advantages of publishing houses choosing non-profit business models
– The rise of the cozy mystery genre in relation to bestselling thrillers
– How small publishers break into the audiobooks market using APA and best seller list data
– How Wattpad can be used in traditional publishing
– How the genre label “women’s fiction” contributes to the disparity between male and female authors
– The gender wage gap in publishing and how #MeToo and #TimesUp movements have instigated change
– Best practices on how libraries engage with teenagers in reading and writing, and how to market to these groups
Location: University Pointe 102